Charlotte Rae Lubotsky (April 22, 1926 - August 5, 2018), known professionally as Charlotte Rae, was an American actress who portrayed the role of Edna Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes" and "The Facts of Life."
- Attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, but did not complete her studies.
- Member of Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority.
- Graduated from Shorewood High School in Shorewood, Wisconsin in 1944.
- Before she was a successful actress, Charlotte used to work at nearly every nightclub for unfamiliar singers in New York City.
- Her parents were Russian Jewish immigrants.
- When she was a little girl, Charlotte acted with the Wauwatosa Children's Theatre and performed on the radio.
- Had a pacemaker implanted in her chest in 1982.
- Was screened and diagnosed early with pancreatic cancer; went into remission after 6 months of chemotherapy.
- Diagnosed with bone cancer in 2017.
- Was married to composer John Strauss from 1951 to 1976; had two sons with him: Larry & Andrew.